Monday, September 19, 2016

Student Teachers



Meet Our Student Teachers 

Hi! My name is Alicia Lovejoy and I will be interning in your child's class on Wednesdays until December. I am so excited to be apart of your child’s learning experience and wanted to let you know a little about myself. I have been married for 11 years and have two children in elementary school. When my son started school, I knew it was time for me to finish my degree and that is what has lead me to the University of Michigan Dearborn. I currently have my associates degree from Washentaw Community College in Child Development and my CDA which is a national certification in child care.

I currently work as a kindergarten paraprofessional at my local charter school in Ypsilanti.  I will be graduating in December with my bachelors in child and family general studies. After graduation, my goal is to attend the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor and receive my masters in elementary education and to become a kindergarten teacher.
I am very excited to be partnering with you over the next few months as your child transitions into our classroom. I know that we will do many fun things as we learn and grow together. If you ever any questions or concerns please feel free to ask!  I look forward to getting to know you all!

Sincerely,
Alicia Lovejoy

alovejoy@umich.edu






My name is Farah Farhat, and I excited to be interning in Ms. Fennessey and Ms. Phee’s classroom on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. I am a senior at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. I am working to earn a major in Early Childhood Education.

Some hobbies of mine include reading, baking, traveling, and spending time with friends and family. I have two brothers, and a sister. I do not have any pets (yet)! As a family, we spent most of our summer relaxing, playing sports, and traveling to different areas of the world!

My experiences with children began during high school. I enrolled in a childcare course. I had the opportunity to work alongside my teacher and classmates in a preschool setting. This experience is what has driven me to really become intrigued with child development, as it is such an important time for children. Throughout my college experience, I have completed many practicums here at the ECEC, as well as other various school districts. My goal for the term is to provide your children with a strong, stable, and positive foundation for education. When a child has a positive view or attitude towards a particular topic they are more likely to succeed!

I am excited to have the opportunity to work together this semester. The start of a great education starts with building strong relationships with those at home!


2 comments:

  1. So happy to have you! Max talks about you both!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have you! Max talks about you both!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete